About Me

My photo
This is a blog to document my Sketch Innovation classes at Chelsea College of Art and Design as part of Stage 2.

Monday 14 January 2013

20 EXCELLENT SKETCHES

Task to find what you see as excellent sketches:

- Two from personal viewing:

                                                    Lucian Freud @ National portrait Gallery 2010
                                                  Antonio Lopez fashion illustrator @ Design Museum 2010


-Three of your own:







-5 from anywhere

    Picasso sketches for Geurnica: I love the strong lines Picasso uses and how bold his sketches are, there is no sign of doubt.

Lucian Freud: I have always loved this pencil drawing by Freud. The eyes are really captivating and the expression on her face is so emotionless. I love the textures that he has created with the hair.

Escher, drawing hands. I studied this drawing during my A-levels and it has always been a favourite of mine. I really like Escher's drawings because they were so realistic but there was always a surreal element to them.

Renzo Piano, architect. This is a sketch he did of the shard during an interview he had about his project and how the design idea came to him. I love how rough this is but quite exact as well, it shows his creative mind and how it works.

Rene gruau fashion illustrator: I really like the bold colours Gruau would use and he often finished with a black outline around the drawing which really makes it stand out. He understood the female form perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment